- This event has passed.
Protective Medicine / Everyday Life
August 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- PROTECTIVE MEDICINE – limited seats and all training supplies provided
- Hosted at East Tx Krav Maga, Tyler
- A course designated for first responders, protective security personnel ,church safety teams and family protection. Course blends safety and security with the elements of tactical medicine to provide the full spectrum of emergency treatment in austere and non controlled enviroments when medical equipment and resources are not on scene. We have had everyone from ER Doctors, Nurses, Cops , Military , Moms to young teenage students participate in this course.
- Course Instructors -Special Operations Medical, Wilderness First Responder , TCCC, Close Protection and Close Quarter Combative Instructors with world wide experience in austere and high threat environments. No previous training or experience required to attend this course level.
- Protective Medicine classes fill the gap between combat aid and civilian EMS training. Basic Protective Medicine (TacMed) is an 8 to 9 hour course that includes an overview of tactical emergency care, environmental hazards and treatment, bleeding control, triage and wound dressing. Students will receive instruction and demonstration on each course topic and then perform the task under varying levels of stress. This course exposes students to visually traumatic images and artificial blood.
The course curriculum is based on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) & (TCCC) core concepts.: Performing work priorities in a high threat environment. Scenario training will be utilized in this training for real world effect.
Demonstrate the following self aid/buddy aid skills:
Eliminate the immediate threat – person or persons, weather,fire, car wreck, etc..
Move casualty to safe area,triage
Proper hemorrhage control
Proper airway control
Shock prevention and treatment
* Old clothes are recommended because of exposure to simulated blood
* Snacks, lunch and a drink are recommended
Unless noted on the calendar, dates or private requests, this is a scenario based training course without live fire .
Tyler location given upon registration