Cost: $125 per person for 1.5 to 2 hours, $50 each additional hour needed for private instruction. $200 Husband/Wife. Group and Special Circumstance pricing available on request.
Training equips the new shooter or seasoned shooter to become more comfortable with their firearm ,try different guns before they buy or fine tune their skillset. Let a professional and experienced instructor help identify, correct and apply correct shooting fundamentals and build a strong platform with the handgun.
Contact us for details, cost depends on level of training needed.
Handgun Rentals can be purchased as well with ammo and safety gear for $50 a person. The student can try multiple firearms to see what fits best before purchasing one of their own.
- Safe Handling & Operation
- Load & Unload
- Marksmanship Training
- Malfunction Clearing
- Corrective Training
- Introduction To Defensive Shooting
TEXAS CARRY LICENSE COURSE – CONCEALED / OPEN CARRY
Cost: Check Website Calendar for Class Locations & Pricing. Private Sessions and Group Pricing Available – Contact Us for Details
“Unless the class is canceled by the instructor no refunds are given if canceled by a student ”
You may sign up for classes on our website, or at Superior Firearms in Tyler. We do not offer refunds for cancellations but we will offer to move your fee to a future course within 60 days.
The Texas LTC is not a handgun training course, it is the State regulated course for a legal citizen to qualify to carry a concealed handgun. During the LTC course, we will cover a variety of topics the state requires, a written exam, and a shooting proficiency test. If you are a beginner or not comfortable handling or shooting it proficiently it is highly recommended you take one of our handgun training courses.
One Day Course – You will spend a total of 4 to 6 hours in class and on the range for a new license depending on the class size and dynamics. Feel free to bring any drinks or snacks to the classroom. We will take short breaks, but we will not break for lunch to save time. NO alcoholic beverages are allowed!
Things You Will Need For Courses:
- Minimum caliber of firearm is .22 (does not matter if revolver or semi-auto)
- Bring your weapon and ammunition in a range bag or something similar for storage
- Adequate hearing and eye protection (prescription/sunglasses are fine)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (no reloads unless it is an approved manufacturer)
- Notepad and a ball point pen, drivers license or state ID
- Gun/ammo range rental packages are available for $50
It is suggested by us that a student wait until they take a course before applying for the State License below.
Applicants can take full control of the application process from beginning to end.
From the Department of Public Safety website, applicants can:
• Complete and submit the LTC web application
• Submit the application fee
• Schedule electronic finger prints with L1
• Then complete the application process by mailing in supplemental documents and proof of LTC course.
Notice: Effective March 1, 2011, all fingerprints for original Concealed Handgun License Applications must be submitted through MorphoTrust USA (formerly L-1 Enrollment Services). (See Administrative Rule §6.12)