Tactical Medicine – Urban & Wilderness Medicine
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SURVIVAL BASED MEDICINE – limited seats and all training supplies provided
- A course training born out of the Tactical and Wilderness Medicine communities when supplies and resources are limited whether it be from a active killer, natural disaster, social collapse or emergency situation . The Course blends safety and security with the elements of survival medicine to provide the full spectrum of emergency treatment in austere and non controlled enviroments when medical equipment and resources are not on scene. We have had everyone from ER Doctors, Nurses, Cops , Military , young teenage/college students to moms participate in this course.
- Course Instructors -Special Operations Medical, Wilderness First Responder , TCCC, Close Protection and Close Quarter Combative Instructors with world wide experience in austere and high threat environments. No previous training or experience required to attend this course level.
- Survival Medicine classes fill the gap between combat aid and EMS training. TM is an 8 hour course that includes an overview of tactical emergency care, environmental hazards and treatment, bleeding control, triage ,proper wound dressing and more. Students will receive instruction and demonstration on each course topic and then perform the task under varying levels of stress. This course exposes students to visually traumatic images and artificial blood.
The course curriculum is based on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) & (TCCC) core concepts taught in the JSOM Special Forces school in North Carolina.
- Performing work priorities in a high threat environment. Scenario training will be utilized in this training for real world effect.
Demonstrate the following self aid/buddy aid skills:
Eliminate the immediate threat – person or persons, weather,fire, car wreck, predatory animal, etc..
Move casualty to safe area,triage
Proper hemorrhage control
Proper airway control
Shock prevention and treatment
Treating smaller casualties
* Old clothes are recommended because of exposure to simulated blood
* Snacks, lunch and a drink are recommended
Unless noted on the calendar, dates or private requests, this is a scenario based training course without live fire .
*Ages 12 and up can attend with parent or guardian
Put ” Tac Med ” in comments